Type of metal transfer

udaya bhaskar

Jul 10, 2016, 2:24:01 AM7/10/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Hi dear all,

PLEASE CLARIFY IN WHICH MODE OF METAL TRANSFER WE DONE  WELDING ? .

FOR WPS

MATERIAL : IS2062 E250BR

THICKNESS: 40 mm

PROCESS : GMAW(MAG)

GAS          : 100 % CO2

MODE OF METAL TRANSFER : ?
--
With Regards

Udyabahaskar.D

Vanchinath S.A.

Jul 10, 2016, 3:33:06 AM7/10/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Mode of metal transfer -- globular

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

zakir ali

Jul 10, 2016, 3:33:06 AM7/10/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear
There are three types of metal transfer.
Short circuit ... Lower voltage...18-20v
Globular... Medium voltage ... 20 _24v
Spray... Above 24v all are approximately.

Generally in welding we adopt globular or spray transfer.

Sent from RediffmailNG on Android

Alan Denney

Jul 11, 2016, 4:58:05 AM7/11/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

narcoleptic

Jul 11, 2016, 4:58:08 AM7/11/16
to Materials & Welding
Also it's not possible to see spray transfer with %20 or more CO2.

udaya bhaskar

Jul 11, 2016, 9:16:20 AM7/11/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

sir what you are said that is for low thickness up to 3 mm we were used dip or short circuit transfer, but here at 40 thk

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jul 12, 2016, 9:05:32 AM7/12/16
to materials-welding
as per ur data, u will get only globular. u can also get shortcirciut but since ur thick is 40mm ,do not opt for shortcircuit which may lead to coldlap

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

Kadir godil

Jul 12, 2016, 9:06:31 AM7/12/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
just a question out of curiosity!

what do we do with knowing type of metal transfer or where is this data used?

is it possible that, with the same parameters, with different welders, the type of transfer is different?

sincerely,
abdulkadir

Pravin Nimbalkar

Jul 25, 2016, 9:39:31 AM7/25/16
to Materials & Welding

  1) If it is Butt joint: For Root Run GMAW- S ( Short Circuit mode)  followed by Spray or globular mode.
       a) There is separate Miller machine having capability to perform the GMAW process- Short Circuit Mode followed by Globular/ Spray Mode. The same machine you can use it for FCAW- Spray Mode. This Miller-GMAW machine is based on RMD (Regulated Machine Deposition) technique.
      Consumable: Metal Core/ Solid wire both are suitable.

       b) Also Lincoln is having separate machine set up to perform the GMAW-S with Short Circuit Mode for root run only and followed by any other process for filling. This Lincoln-GMAW-S based on STT (Surface Tension Transfer) technique.
      Consumable: Only Solid wire.

  2) If WPS as per ASME Sec.IX: Follow QW 403.10.

Regards,
Pravin Nimbalkar
Welding Engineer
BILFAL heavy Industries Ltd. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.