A 333 Gr.6 toughness test

dia shukr

Dec 30, 2023, 6:40:52 AM12/30/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends

I have pipe A333 Gr,6 with design minimum temperature (-10C).Will I need to do a toughness test??As you know, depending on table A-1 in ASME B31.3 the minimum temperature is (-50C).

Thanks every one

Vishwas Keskar

Dec 30, 2023, 10:47:28 PM12/30/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
What is thickness ??
Sent from my iPhone

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

dia shukr

Dec 31, 2023, 3:42:22 AM12/31/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
The thickness is 5.54 & 21.4

shri krishna tripathi

Jan 5, 2024, 2:07:26 AMJan 5
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear vishwas,
The problem is not clear. But I feel that you are having a pipe that are eligible to be used up to -50 degree C as per standard and you want to use those in design temp of -10 degree C.
Kindly see the original linkable certificates.Preferably type 3.2 certification- EN 10204.If the accepted impact test results of given lot no.  show temperature meets your requirement, you may use. However is always safe to test a sample and witness the same.

--
Shri Krishna Tripathi
IGCAR,

Mohd Siraj

Feb 23, 2024, 3:11:54 AMFeb 23
to Materials & Welding
no, replace the pipe.

rohit barge

Feb 24, 2024, 10:55:27 PMFeb 24
to material...@googlegroups.com
No issue because it is come with impact tested to -45 Deg and your temp is -10 Deg you just tell your client give them code reference as this grade can use upto -45Deg so you can use it no issue in that.

Thanks & Regards

Mr. Rohit Barge

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Ramamoorthi Thangarasu

Feb 24, 2024, 11:47:52 PMFeb 24
to material...@googlegroups.com
hi
If SA333 LTA materials it already qualified in -46 Dec just you want to conform  impact test it passed. then -10 Deg no issues ....
and same if you want to save materials cost use SA 106 Gr. B  also  you want to test impact temperature -10 Deg.....

regards
RK