Article 344.5.2 specifies 100% radiography for girth and miter groove welds in paragraph - Reference to definition of "Girth and Miter Groove welds"

Oscar Artica

Jun 27, 2015, 2:38:11 AM6/27/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hello Experts,

Could anyone explain what the definition of "Girth and Miter" groove welds are? I can't seem to find the definition anywhere and only mentioned in this passage of B31.3. Thanks!

John Henning

Jun 27, 2015, 5:31:31 PM6/27/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

circumferential welds in pipe

mitered welds still circumferential but cut on an angle to make a bend.

Could anyone explain what the definition of "Girth and Miter" groove welds are? I can't seem to find the definition anywhere and only mentioned in this passage of B31.3. Thanks!

muhammad usman shafiq

Jun 27, 2015, 10:29:30 PM6/27/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

Miter and girth means angle in circumferencial in weld to bend the the pipe it should be less than 15 degree.

M.Usman
Welding engineer
API 577, AWS CWI, API 510
Descon Engineering Ltd