API 570 CBT RESULT.

Dinesh Somwanshi

Jul 1, 2016, 4:33:19 AM7/1/16
to materials-welding

Dear sir,

I have given API 570 Exam through CBT then observed the result as Marginal.

Please confirm me whether its an considerable passed or any liaise.

Thanks for your sharing.

DINESH VITTHAL SOMWANSHI

BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEER
AUTHORIZED WELDING / NDT / PAINTING INSPECTION PERSONNEL,
AWS - CWI , CSWIP 3.1
BGAS  Gr 2 / 3
NDT II -UT , RT , MT , PT, VT
00919881344135

असो द्यावी दया तुमच्या लागतसे पाया.

Pray for others, sometime, You might never need to pray for yourself again.....

Mohd Siraj

Jul 2, 2016, 9:42:56 PM7/2/16
to Materials & Welding
Passed.its on percentile.

sheik dawood

Jul 3, 2016, 8:03:39 AM7/3/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

they are evauluation after, we are achieved to all chapter reach above 50%

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

jaya anil

Jul 5, 2016, 9:09:27 AM7/5/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
in Most of the cases, if the result shows marginal means  98% pass, check your luck my friend.

They will further verify and give the final result after 8 weeeks. Best if luck and i am sure you will pass.

Matt

Feb 10, 2017, 1:58:15 AM2/10/17
to Materials & Welding
Just wondering , I also received a Marginal result...... did you pass ? I am waiting now 3 weeks. did it take 6 weeks for your marks ?

Dinesh Somwanshi

Feb 11, 2017, 1:59:28 AM2/11/17
to materials-welding
Dear Friend,

I got passed. Chances are 90 % in such cases.

i sure you will pass

Regarsd

dinesh

*DINESH VITTHAL SOMWANSHI*

*BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEER*

*AUTHORIZED PIPING / WELDING / NDT / PAINTING INSPECTION PERSONNEL,*
*API 570 - Piping Inspector,** AWS - CWI , CSWIP 3.1*,*BGAS  Gr 2 / 3*
*NDT II -UT , RT , MT , PT, VT*
00919881344135
Skype = dinesh570_1

असो द्यावी दया तुमच्या लागतसे पाया.

*Pray for others, sometime, You might never need to pray for yourself
again.....*

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

SSK

Oct 1, 2017, 11:14:31 PM10/1/17
to Materials & Welding
Just to share my experience.

I had given API 570 Exam through CBT on 6th July, 2017 observed the result as
Marginal.

On August 2nd I had received the email that I passed the test with actual score of 92 against 91 cutoff score.

Rover Chu

Oct 17, 2017, 10:32:31 PM10/17/17
to Materials & Welding
Hi Friend

I also just finish API 570 CBT exam yesterday.

and  got marginal result.

is there any person who got such a result, but finally case did not pass ?

Rover

aslab khan

Oct 17, 2017, 10:43:14 PM10/17/17
to material...@googlegroups.com
Ya I gave api 570 on July d same result I got. After  a month I recived a mail that I got 89 marks out of 91 set for passing mark.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/materials-welding.

Thanks & Regards,
Aslab Ahmad Khan

Dinesh Somwanshi

Oct 18, 2017, 6:00:58 AM10/18/17
to materials-welding
Dear,

There is 90 % of chances getting passing, The Marginal Passing means you were not reach individual subject of 70 % but aggregate 70 % near about that.

Dont be afraid will get pass.

Thanks & Regards

DINESH VITTHAL SOMWANSHI

BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEER

AUTHORIZED PIPING / WELDING / NDT / PAINTING INSPECTION PERSONNEL
API 570 - Piping Inspector, AWS - CWI , CSWIP 3.1*,*BGAS  Gr 2 / 3

NDT II -UT , RT , MT , PT, VT
+7 924 374 6660 Russia , 00919881344135 India ( Whatsapp )
Skype = dinesh somwanshi

असो द्यावी दया तुमच्या लागतसे पाया.

*Pray for others, sometime, You might never need to pray for yourself
again.....*

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.

Renjith

Oct 19, 2017, 2:03:33 AM10/19/17
to Materials & Welding
Can you please tel me how many sure questions u answered correct  in closed book?

Dinesh Somwanshi

Oct 19, 2017, 5:59:40 AM10/19/17
to materials-welding
Hi Dear ,

Its need to inform you that i was in range of 67 - 73 % results but overall got 71 % in passing.

Regards

Dinesh

Thanks & Regards

DINESH VITTHAL SOMWANSHI

BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEER

AUTHORIZED PIPING / WELDING / NDT / PAINTING INSPECTION PERSONNEL
API 570 - Piping Inspector, AWS - CWI , CSWIP 3.1*,*BGAS  Gr 2 / 3

NDT II -UT , RT , MT , PT, VT
+7 924 374 6660 Russia , 00919881344135 India ( Whatsapp )
Skype = dinesh somwanshi

असो द्यावी दया तुमच्या लागतसे पाया.

*Pray for others, sometime, You might never need to pray for yourself
again.....*

Damochi

Oct 27, 2017, 12:19:53 AM10/27/17
to Materials & Welding
Pls Matt. I believe u have gotten ur result now. Did you pass? I wrote API 570 yesterday in Lagos and I got marginal result too. Pls kindly reply. Thanks and all the best.

GS

Apr 21, 2018, 6:11:59 AM4/21/18
to Materials & Welding
I wrote my API 570 exam on Feb 2018. I got marginal result on that date but i received my result on April 19/2018 with negative result fail. I got 90 out of 125 with 72% but fail.

Dinesh Somwanshi

Apr 21, 2018, 7:54:14 AM4/21/18
to materials-welding
Dear sir,

90 out 125, Is passed inmarginal results.

Thanks & Regards

DINESH VITTHAL SOMWANSHI

BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEER

AUTHORIZED PIPING / WELDING / NDT / PAINTING INSPECTION PERSONNEL
API 570 - Piping Inspector, AWS - CWI , CSWIP 3.1*,*BGAS  Gr 2 / 3

NDT II -UT , RT , MT , PT, VT
+7 924 374 6660 Russia , 00919881344135 India ( Whatsapp )
Skype = dinesh somwanshi

असो द्यावी दया तुमच्या लागतसे पाया.

*Pray for others, sometime, You might never need to pray for yourself
again.....*

jaya anil

Apr 21, 2018, 8:21:34 AM4/21/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
This window they have considered 91 marks with 73 percent  as pass percentage. So in your case you are very unlucky that you failed only by one mark... My friend got 91 marks and he passed the exam...

Better luck next time...

Thanks

GOBINATH .S

Apr 22, 2018, 12:03:56 AM4/22/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
I am unlucky on this exam test window.I need to go through again all the code books.

Thanks,
GOBINATH.S

Kaushik bhagvandas patel

Apr 23, 2018, 3:13:24 AM4/23/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Please provide the study material like questions answered for API 570 exam.please share if available.

My mail id

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

John

Sep 17, 2018, 10:19:57 PM9/17/18
to Materials & Welding
Did you pass?

Dinesh Somwanshi

Sep 18, 2018, 10:09:58 PM9/18/18
to material...@googlegroups.com

Yes

Thanking You,

With Regards..
Dinesh V Somwanshi
Api 570, Cswip 3.1,Bgas 2
Authorised Certified Piping, Welding, Painting Inspector.
00919881344135

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

John Ganjtomari

Sep 18, 2018, 10:20:30 PM9/18/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
I wrote 510 yesterday and result is marginal.
I wonder if I have any chance of passing it?

King

Oct 22, 2018, 9:20:34 PM10/22/18
to Materials & Welding
Are their different types of results besides Preliminary Pass and Marginal?

What are the chances of Marginal Results passing?

Dinesh Somwanshi

Oct 23, 2018, 6:16:28 AM10/23/18
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear sir.

Preliminary pass means you confirm pass. Passing required is 70%.

Marginal pass means you suppose to received 70% in each subject while in some subject you less acquired but aggregate chance in 70%.

At marginal pass, you will having approximately 80% chances of passing.

Be calm sure will receive +ve reply after 4 weeks from date of CBT.

Best wishes.

On 23 Oct 2018 06:50, "King" <ear...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are their different types of results besides Preliminary Pass and Marginal?

What are the chances of Marginal Results passing?

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

King

Oct 26, 2018, 2:12:27 AM10/26/18
to Materials & Welding
Hopefully I did pass the exam. Will come back with final results for anyone else who may want to know the chances of Marginal Results passing.

Thanks.

jaisen antin

Oct 26, 2018, 2:12:27 AM10/26/18
to Materials & Welding
hi brothers,
                  i think most (max)of the people get a marginal mark for October api 570.how they will evaluate the
exam marks.
                  also, I notes in API Website see below

ATTENTION Announcing some changes to API 510, 570 and 653 examination administrations Beginning with the December 5, 2012 exam administration API will make two minor changes to the API 510, 570 and 653 examination processes. API believes that these changes will help to maintain the value of our credentials by improving the exam experience for all candidates and keeping exam content current, relevant and free of errors. 1. The number of questions by which test takers will be graded or scored. The API 510, 570 and 653 tests in the past have always contained 150 questions on which candidates were scored. These exams will now contain 125 scored questions, plus 25 questions that will not be scored (otherwise known as "pre-test" items). All exam grading will still be based on the number of correct responses. The minimum number of correct responses required to achieve a passing score will be established based on the 125 scored items only. API will continue to utilize the statistical method of equating in order to maintain the same level of difficulty of the exams. The equating process will take into account that 25 of the test questions are now “pre-test” questions and establish an accordingly reduced passing grade for all exams. The pre-test questions will appear on all tests for all candidates; so each test taker receives the same, fair experience. Test takers will not know which test questions are scored and which are not

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 6:16:28 PM UTC+8, dinesh AWS-CWI ,CSWIP 3.1,NDT II wrote:

[...]

Sajimon M.S.

Oct 31, 2018, 5:28:35 AM10/31/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

Can you pls share API 570 solved questions pls..I don't have facility to attend course for API 570,if some share some questions it will be helpful for me..

Thanks brothers,

SAJIMON

sunil kaushik

Oct 31, 2018, 11:54:51 PM10/31/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,

Please confirm , for carbon steel If I am using agglomerated basic flux and I am baked it at 300 dega cel then is it necessary to keep in holding oven at 130-150 deg cel.

King

Nov 7, 2018, 11:56:49 PM11/7/18
to Materials & Welding
Anyone know how will this new grading scale work? It’s a scoring scale that’s 200 to 500 and you need a 400 and above to pass API exam.

jaisen antin

Nov 8, 2018, 1:41:26 AM11/8/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
how you know about new scoring.where you get brother

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:56 PM King <ear...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone know how will this new grading scale work? It’s a scoring scale that’s 200 to 500 and you need a 400 and above to pass API exam.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Thanks and Regards

-Jaisen Antin Joseph-

jaisen antin

Nov 12, 2018, 12:08:05 AM11/12/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
hi,
  i agree with king earocss ... today i got the result

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:56 PM King <ear...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone know how will this new grading scale work? It’s a scoring scale that’s 200 to 500 and you need a 400 and above to pass API exam.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

IrakliB

Jan 16, 2019, 7:17:48 AM1/16/19
to Materials & Welding
Can you tell little bit more about scaling?

jaisen antin

Jan 16, 2019, 10:53:56 PM1/16/19
to material...@googlegroups.com

Scaled Scoring

The purpose of scaled scores is to report scores for all candidates on a consistent scale by taking the raw score and calculating it to a common scale. This method ensures that scores can be fairly and accurately compared across various versions of exam forms or tests taken on different dates.  In other words, the total number of correctly answered questions that correspond to the passing scaled score may be slightly different per form. Following the credentialing industry’s best practices, API also utilizes multiple forms during the same exam period. To achieve comparability within these forms, API has implemented scaled score reporting for all exams.

In order to ensure uniformity, the same scale is used across all ICP exams. Prometric uses a scale from 200 to 500 to accommodate all test lengths for ICP certifications. The passing scaled score for all exams is 400, which takes into account previous exam data of raw scores and percentage of correct answers. Scaled scores on different forms will be equivalent and interchangeable. This means that if two candidates taking different forms receive the same scaled score, the two candidates have achieved the same level of performance on the exam. Score reports emailed to candidates will not include number of questions answered correctly but their converted scaled score.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Irakli

May 2, 2019, 11:13:00 PM5/2/19
to Materials & Welding
Hello

I got final official score today, it says 414 and pass. no percentage of modules, just color graphs. So, passing score was 400 and I got 414, how many questions is equivalent to this score?

Thanks

On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 8:56:49 AM UTC+4, King wrote:
Anyone know how will this new grading scale work? It’s a scoring scale that’s 200 to 500 and you need a 400 and above to pass API exam.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Shaike

Jul 6, 2019, 10:47:43 AM7/6/19
to Materials & Welding

Did you also achieve a marginal results?

Irakli Beruashvili

Jul 7, 2019, 11:16:54 PM7/7/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
No, I got preliminary pass, not marginal pass.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Materials & Welding" group.

Regards
Irakli Beruashvili

Raghu Raman

Jul 8, 2019, 12:18:32 AM7/8/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i having been preparing for API Exams for quite some time. Apparently the total score is 550. Passing mark is around 390 to 410, can fluctuate up and down depending on the bell curve

Learnt this info from a reliable source

Cheers

Dave B

Oct 22, 2019, 7:29:31 AM10/22/19
to Materials & Welding
Hi Raghu,

Can you confirm that the results are still based out of 550? Does this have to do with the 25 questions not counted on the test?

Thank you

Raghu Raman

Oct 22, 2019, 11:20:01 PM10/22/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the score system is still out of 550,

Not sure if it includes the 25 questions, guess not,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/d9c19660-171a-4c2b-baf2-05b98dd81082%40googlegroups.com.

Gmail Account

Oct 23, 2019, 4:22:39 AM10/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear Group

Can anybody help with NDT to the weldolet which will connect with pipeline ,

Thanks