Percentage of Consumables for Steel Structure

Saleem Khan

Feb 24, 2023, 4:53:54 AM2/24/23
to Materials & Welding
Hi Experts,

Hope that you are all fine and doing great.

I need to Estimate Percentage of Consumables in Steel Structure, I know the details of  calculation but need to develop rule of thumb.

will you please share your experience with me.

Regards,

Saleem Khan

Sridhar Cn

Feb 28, 2023, 10:10:36 PM2/28/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Theoretically, it is 2 to 3% of the weight of the material used in sheet metal fabrication.
For thick plate materials, it is  3 to 4%.  In practice, it can go up by another 2% or so due to
unwanted and extra reinforcement and large fillet sizes.
Sridhar.
--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787