What is the difference between Non-Asbestos Gasket and Asbestos Gasket?

Raafat

Jun 23, 2020, 11:17:24 PM6/23/20
to Materials & Welding
Hello Dears,
What is the difference between Non-Asbestos Gasket and Asbestos Gasket? and for what application we can use each?

Thanks,

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 24, 2020, 2:40:59 AM6/24/20
to materials-welding
Asbestos is not being used due to some issues for human health

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Peter Soloman

Jun 24, 2020, 2:40:59 AM6/24/20
to Materials & Welding
Asbestos Gasket normally used for a temporary purpose for cost control
ex::-during pressure test, dummy spool etc....
Non-Asbestos Gasket  used for permanent flanges
ex:- Torued flanges , after pressure, tested lines before bolt touring.
Regards,
PETER SOLOMAN
BAHRAIN

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 24, 2020, 4:16:38 AM6/24/20
to materials-welding

james gerald

Jun 24, 2020, 5:58:33 AM6/24/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Pandithan Sir, as Asbestos is considered Carcinogenic and banned in most countries