PQR Qualification

williamswilsonp

Jun 30, 2016, 4:16:09 AM6/30/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts

Please reply with your suggestions for the below mentioned query,

We are going to conduct the pqr qualification test for base metal - SA 516 gr.70(P 1 Gr.1,2 to P1 Gr.1,2) as per ASME Sec.IX

Thickness of Base metal is 20 mm

Which type of heat treatment is required during welding
Preheat
Interpass heating
PWHT

Thanks in advance

Sent from Samsung Mobile

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Jul 1, 2016, 4:32:11 AM7/1/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Ok, please see:
Preheat: NONMANDATORY APPENDIX R. Of Section VIII Div. 1
PWHT: UW-40; UCS-66; Table UCS-56-1 of Section VIII Div. 1
Interpass Heating: QW-406 of Section IX.
Regards!.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Chirag Sandhane

Jul 23, 2016, 2:13:51 AM7/23/16
to Materials & Welding
Dear sir,

First confirm which design code is applicable for your job, whether PWHT is required or not. Even though I am giving following suggestions.
1) For preheating refer Non mandatory A100 of section & non mandatory appendix of section VIII division I.
2) You can use 250 deg Celsius interpass temperature
3) For PWHT refer PW 39 of ASME section I & UCS 56 of ASME section VIII div.1.

Thanks & regards,
Chirag Sandhane