Dissimilar welding chemical/PMI acceptance criteria

Manish Tripathi

Oct 24, 2023, 9:12:54 AM10/24/23
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts,
Please provide reference of CODE, for chemical analysis acceptance of dissimilar welding. Here Alloy 825 welding by ERNiCrMo-3,
Ideally weld metal should match ERNiCrMo-3, But can we accept Alloy 825 chemistry in weld metal.

Welding Process: EFW
Design Code: ASME Sec VIII Div.1
Welded part: Pipe Long Seam ASTM B474.

Regards,
Manish Tripathi

Vishwas Keskar

Oct 24, 2023, 12:01:36 PM10/24/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Chemical analysis of the weld joints in not a mandatory test  in any Code  either in similar or dissimilar welds.
Some Customer specifications are imposing it .
You have to give ref of the dilution phenomenon and communicate the details to QAC

There is dilution. So weld metal chemistry will be not exactly as per filler wire due to dilution effect .

Additional one - Chemical analysis is mandatory in case of corrosion overlays - Undiluted Chemistry at the depth
Thanks
Vishwas- IWE

Sent from my iPhone

On 24-Oct-2023, at 6:42 PM, Manish Tripathi <manish.tri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Experts,
--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Manish Tripathi

Oct 26, 2023, 2:32:14 AM10/26/23
to Materials & Welding
Dear Sir,
As per ASTM B474, Chemical analysis of weld shall match the chemistry of ERNiCrMo-3, in case of dilution effect manufacture and purchaser agreement is required,
Here, weld chemistry is matching the alloy 825, Is it acceptable?

Regards,
Manish Tripathi

Amit Kumar

Oct 27, 2023, 6:27:30 AM10/27/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Eutectic Castolin CGS 680...

Jackson Raj

Oct 30, 2023, 12:55:34 AM10/30/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

Can I use filler ERNiCrMo-3 in UNS31254 material for PQR test