Acceptance tolerance as per ASME B31.3

Sangram

Mar 28, 2016, 11:23:12 PM3/28/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts

Can some one tell me tolerance for plumbness,straightness & level as per ASME B31.3

Regards
Sangram

Sent from my iPhone

Arun Das

Mar 29, 2016, 7:37:46 AM3/29/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For piping the linear tolerances are to be verified and normally PFI ES-3 will be the reference document other than the requirements on the specification.

If you can explain your problem more clearly may be able to assist you.

regards,

Arun S Das

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Sangram

Mar 30, 2016, 6:39:28 AM3/30/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arun,
During line checking with Pid he rejected most of package due to out of plumbness, straight ness & out of level . I try to find out the acceptance criteria in B31.3 but j did not get any details .
Can you provide me the detail reference documents if you have.
Regards

Sangram

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to materials-weld...@googlegroups.com.

pradip kumar Sil

Mar 30, 2016, 10:33:27 AM3/30/16
to materials-welding
Plumbness / Straightness is not written on the 31.3 as well as PFI Standard. As per my concern, Code is silent regarding this matter.

gupta_0576

Mar 30, 2016, 10:33:36 AM3/30/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi
If you are working with aramco then refer saes-L-350 so you can get all the tolerance .

Regards
A p gupta
Saudi

Sent from Samsung Mobile