PWHT THICKNESS

Sumit Baliram Bhadakwad

Jul 29, 2019, 6:23:02 AM7/29/19
to Materials & Welding
Hello everyone ,

I am confused between Pwht requirements .

We are manufacturing a base frame of size 15m x 5 m  x 3 m in H besm of size 305x305x118x20mm thk and in which different size plate used to weld on beam but 105mm thk is the higher size of plate. weld is type of fillet.

So i need to know which thickness consider for pwht requirement & heating ,cooling rate calculation.

anthony chundal

Jul 30, 2019, 3:52:08 AM7/30/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
hi,

what is the Code of construction , please follow that guidelines,

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Sumit Baliram Bhadakwad

Jul 30, 2019, 11:38:59 AM7/30/19
to Materials & Welding
Hello Sir ,

We are following ASME SECTION VIII DIV 1. Please guide me.
Actually I am confused between UCS-56(d)(1) through (5) term "maximum material thickness " & UW-40(f)(1) through (6).

I want to  below details .

unrestricted heating rate up to .
Heating rate of maximum :-
Holding temperature
Soaking Time :
Cooling rate of maximum:-
Unrestricted cooling rate -

Karthik

Jul 31, 2019, 3:24:39 AM7/31/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
ASME Section VIII Div.1 for pressure vessel construction. In your case its a base frame (not pressure vessel) so the construction code will be AWS D1.1. As per AWS D1.1, If heat treatment required by your contract or PO documents/project specification then  you should do as per AWS D1.1, Section 5.8.

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

QA/QC Manager