Impact test requirement for PED 97/23/EC

Kwangju Moon

Jan 29, 2015, 10:08:49 PM1/29/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear experts,

Please clarify below questions.

Back Ground:

-       Applicable construction code: ASME Sec. VIII, Div.1

-       Material : SA516-70N (35mm)

-       Equipment’s MDMT: -20

-       The client request that impact testing shall comply with the code of construction and in accordance with PED 97/23/EC Annex 1, Para 7.5.

Question 1):

Shall we have to perform the impact test on this material in accordance with PED requirement even impact test is exempted as per UCS-66, ASME Sec. VIII Div.1?

Question 2):

When the impact test is required as per PED, should we have to use WPS with applying all supplementary essential requirements for weld joint?

Prakash Gotimukul

Jan 30, 2015, 11:20:05 PM1/30/15
to material...@googlegroups.com

Rgds
G.Prakash
Independent Consultant, ASME AIS/ISO
Technical Director, Hitek Engg Services, Dubai
 gpraka...@gmail.com.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Kwangju Moon <xum...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear experts,

Please clarify below questions.

Back Ground:

-       Applicable construction code: ASME Sec. VIII, Div.1

-       Material : SA516-70N (35mm)

-       Equipment’s MDMT: -20

-       The client request that impact testing shall comply with the code of construction and in accordance with PED 97/23/EC Annex 1, Para 7.5.

Question 1):

Shall we have to perform the impact test on this material in accordance with PED requirement even impact test is exempted as per UCS-66, ASME Sec. VIII Div.1?

YES​ for material.

Question 2):

When the impact test is required as per PED, should we have to use WPS with applying all supplementary essential requirements for weld joint?

​Follow ASME code requirement​

S.Mohammed

Apr 28, 2015, 10:10:17 AM4/28/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Ans1:yes or u can send justification as per ASME.

Ans2: yes if impct conducted then all supplimentry variable applicable.