requalification of PQR

Inspection engineer

Dec 25, 2021, 1:44:42 AM12/25/21
to Materials & Welding
Greetings

Please kindly advise me whether a requalification of PQR is required when changing from ER-70S2 TO ER-70S6.

Since I have a WPS qualified with ER-70S2+E7018. However, due to the non-availability of ER-70S2 can I use ER-70S6 without qualifying for new PQR.

mahesh chilukamari

Dec 28, 2021, 10:35:30 PM12/28/21
to Materials & Welding
Hi,
its a change of classification which is a supplementary essential variables , you can use the filler as proposed and it doesn't require to requalify the PQR if there is no impact test requirements.

Vishwas Keskar

Dec 29, 2021, 1:29:48 AM12/29/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
No issue.
Ensure that Mn content is less than 1.6 % before purchasing.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787