P91 - Repair Welding and PWHT

Sathish V P

Feb 14, 2022, 10:13:02 PM2/14/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We have a scenario where the SA335P91 - Weld joint had 3 repairs and PWHT Cycles.

Is there any code reference to limit the number of repairs / PWHT in the P91 weld joints or what permissible times PWHT could be done on the same joint.

In this case - Pipe MOC - SA335 P91 - NPS 4 and 13.89mm thick.

Thanks,
Sathish

Vishwas Keskar

Feb 15, 2022, 10:22:38 PM2/15/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
What is total holding time including repairs PWHT  and initial PWHT Holding time.

What was holding temperature?

Vishwas

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Mohd Siraj

Feb 15, 2022, 10:22:39 PM2/15/22
to Materials & Welding
sathish,

good workmanship and P91 one repair is considered.
 however, it depends on PQR, how many cycles are supporting it.

In our case, we did PQR with two repairs, one for construction and one for maintenance purposes.

james gerald

Feb 16, 2022, 12:53:33 AM2/16/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Please see a snap shot below from API 938B about Repair.

Inline image

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

pradip kumar Sil

Feb 16, 2022, 10:22:11 PM2/16/22
to materials-welding
Hi Satish,

ASME code is silent regarding this issue. Better go for client specification.

Regards,
Pradip

George Dilintas

Feb 22, 2022, 11:00:20 PM2/22/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
and UW-38 in Section VIII-1

--
Dr. Georgios Dilintas,
Dipl. Ing. In Aeronautic and Space Engineering

George Dilintas

Feb 22, 2022, 11:00:22 PM2/22/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Check PW-40 in Section I of ASME,