maximum and minimum size of Dish end end SPIN hole plate.

hemant

Sep 5, 2012, 11:46:10 PM9/5/12
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir,

What is the minimum  & Maximum size of spin hole plate as per code reference. Pls reply me.

HEMANT SUTHAR

QA/QC

CEPL-SILVASSA

9712973092

sevak hiren

Sep 6, 2012, 9:07:53 AM9/6/12
to material...@googlegroups.com
ASME Sec VIII Div I

UW-34 - Spin Hole - Max. Dia - 60 mm - MPT/PT & RT required.

The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

cbe swamym

Sep 7, 2012, 3:40:31 AM9/7/12
to material...@googlegroups.com

As per ASME

Spin-Holes

Spin-holes are permitted at the center of heads to facilitate forming. Spin-holes with a diameter less than or equal to 60 mm (2 3/8 in.) may be closed with a full-penetration weld using either a welded plug or weld metal. The thickness of the weld and plug shall be greater than or equal to the thickness of the head material adjacent to the spin-hole. The finished weld shall be examined by the magnetic particle or liquid penetrant method in accordance with Part 7. Full volumetric inspection of the weld in accordance with Part 7 shall be performed in addition to any examinations required by the material specification.

Thank & Best Regards,

M Veera SAMY- Bureau Veritas.

Coimbatore

From: hsu...@chemithon.co.in
To: material...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [MW:15226] maximum and minimum size of Dish end end SPIN hole plate.
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:16:10 +0530

Sanjay Yadav

Sep 9, 2012, 12:50:11 PM9/9/12
to material...@googlegroups.com
dear sutar,

there is no maximum dia limit for spin holes in dished ends as per code. generally it ranges from 25 mm to 40 mm.
if there is no nozzle at that location than patch shall be welded and 100% radiographed which is code requirement.

Regards
Sanjay Yadav

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM, hemant <hsu...@chemithon.co.in> wrote:

cbe swamym

Sep 10, 2012, 2:21:03 AM9/10/12
to material...@googlegroups.com, ssy0...@gmail.com

Dear sutar,

CC: Sanjay Yadav - Pl read specification not specified minimum size..

Spin-holes not greater in diameter than 238 in. (60 mm) may be closed with a full-penetration weld using either a welded plug or weld metal. The weld and pug shall be no thinner than the head material adjacent to the spin-hole.

The finished weld shall be examined7 and shall meet the acceptance requirements of Appendix 6 or Appendix 8 of this Division. Radiographic examination, if required by UW-11(a), and additional inspections, if required by the material specification, shall be performed. This weld is a butt weld, but it is not categorized. It shall not be considered in establishing the joint efficiency of any part of the head or of the head-to-shell weld.

Thank & Best Regards,

M Veera SAMY- Bureau Veritas.

Coimbatore

Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 22:20:11 +0530
From: ssy0...@gmail.com
To: material...@googlegroups.com

CHINTUKUMAR GANDHI

Sep 10, 2012, 11:56:59 AM9/10/12
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Sanjay,

As per ASME Sec. VIII-1, there is a max. limit on spin hole Dia. 60 mm. It may be closed with a full-penetration weld using either a welded plug or weld metal. The weld and plug shall be no thinner than the head material adjacent to the spin-hole.

The finished weld shall be examined7 and shall meet the acceptance requirements of Appendix 6 or Appendix 8 of this Division. Radiographic examination, if required by UW-11(a), and additional inspections, if required by the material specification, shall be performed.

With warm regards,

C. R. GANDHI

(Manager- Q.A./Q.C.)

Jul 8, 2019, 3:31:50 AM7/8/19
to Materials & Welding
Dear Sir,

can two holes in dish be accepted as our dish end manufacturer did one hole 140 mm  offset from centre, now he is telling that they will close it and will do hole at centre,according to this two holes will come for which we require two patches, is it acceptable? if not then please provide base of not accepting it if any.

Regards
Mangeram Tyagi

On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 11:40:31 AM UTC+4, cbe swamym wrote:

As per ASME

Spin-Holes

Spin-holes are permitted at the center of heads to facilitate forming. Spin-holes with a diameter less than or equal to 60 mm (2 3/8 in.) may be closed with a full-penetration weld using either a welded plug or weld metal. The thickness of the weld and plug shall be greater than or equal to the thickness of the head material adjacent to the spin-hole. The finished weld shall be examined by the magnetic particle or liquid penetrant method in accordance with Part 7. Full volumetric inspection of the weld in accordance with Part 7 shall be performed in addition to any examinations required by the material specification.

Thank & Best Regards,

M Veera SAMY- Bureau Veritas.

Coimbatore

Arun Gopu

May 29, 2020, 11:45:39 AM5/29/20
to Materials & Welding
I  HAD A doubt. In one of my job, we made patch of 100 mm. RT was done and the results were 100% satisfactory. Can you please suggest whether the patch of 100 mm is allowed or not. Is that mentioned in any code or so. About spin hole, it is already  mentioned in code under UW 34. The spin hole is allowed till 60 mm but we made a patch of 100 mm and did RT whose results were satisfactory.

Regards,

Arun

9712973092I