Re: [MW:17737] Clarify copper inclusion & tungsten inclusion

853 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Ramin Kondori

necitită,
22 mai 2013, 11:10:0822.05.2013
– material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tishteo:

If present in base metal (or weld metal), Copper causes hot cracking because of its lower melting point and low solubility in Iron. I have seen this defect in a few steel castings which we repaired them. Those cracks were rather wide and straight.

I have also seen one case in austenitic stainless steel (Type 316) which is called copper contamination cracking or CCC. Liquid metal embrittlement is the mechanism responsible for CCC. You may find this defect in automotive industry where they use copper alloys as resistance welding electrodes. Copper transfers to weld metal or HAZ during electrode contact and causes cracking.

Tungsten has a higher melting point and will remain solid during heat cycles like welding or heat treatment so it s severity is much less than Copper (in steel).

Regards
Ramin Kondori
Sr. QA/QC Engineer
SINOPEC

r.ko...@petroyada.com
+98-2123592322
+98-9132150320

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM, tishteo <ban...@gmail.com> wrote:
My friends,
Can anyone help me to clarify what is diffirent between copper inclusion & tungsten inclusion. Is copper  caused  of cracking & not permitted but Is Tungsten  permitted following code?
Which one welding process appear defect like this. thanks for your help.

Rajaram chandrasekaran

necitită,
22 mai 2013, 07:58:5822.05.2013
– material...@googlegroups.com, ban...@gmail.com

dear friend
the fillerwire will have copper for good arc initiation  ,while welding it may incur into the weld pool and stay as metallic  inclusion .the copper has low melting temperature ,while solidifying of weld pool,this inclusion will form as a liquid layer called solidification crack which is a major issue on that welding .this will occur in GMAW

In TIG welding process the tungsten from the electrode may melt and drops into the weld pool it will create tungsten inclusion

veera raghava kommisetti

necitită,
23 mai 2013, 00:28:4323.05.2013
– material...@googlegroups.com
From code point of view
Div 1 - inclusion are treated as porosity
Div-2 Ti inclusion not permitted

george....@gr.bureauveritas.com

necitită,
23 mai 2013, 02:15:2623.05.2013
– material...@googlegroups.com

To be more more precise, Code is distinguishing between rounded and elongated indications.

So, both copper and tungsten inclusions are to be treated as either rounded or elongated indications.

In which chapter Div. 2 is not accepting at all tungsten inclusions? I would be happy to know...

Cooper inclusions could be more harmful than tungsten inclusions

    best regards

    Dr. Georgios Dilintas

    Authorized Nuclear Inspector
    Authorized Inspector Supervisor
    API 510 Inspector
    Prelude FLNG ASME Subject Matter Expert

    I&F REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
    BUREAU VERITAS HELLAS

    Tel: +30 210 40 63 113/4
    Fax: +30 210 40 63 118
    Cell: +30 69 44 64 62 04
    Korea cell phone: +82 010 4934 2701

Inactive hide details for veera raghava kommisetti ---23/05/2013 07:29:24---From code point of view Div 1 - inclusion are treatveera raghava kommisetti ---23/05/2013 07:29:24---From code point of view Div 1 - inclusion are treated as porosity

This message contains confidential information. To know more, please click on the following link: http://disclaimer.bureauveritas.com

veera raghava kommisetti

necitită,
23 mai 2013, 09:03:2723.05.2013
– material...@googlegroups.com
Correction to my earlier statement.

Div 1 - To be treated as rounded indication
Div 2 - Not addressed
Section I - Rounded indication
31.3 - Elongated indication
31.3 - Not addressed.
graycol.gif

Kasimir Paul A Graf Von der Recke

necitită,
15 ian. 2016, 20:53:5415.01.2016
– Materials & Welding, ban...@gmail.com
are you referring to the copper on the outer layer of the filler metal. Could this potentially make the weld more ductile than the parent metal ? regards

Kasimir Paul A Graf Von der Recke

necitită,
15 ian. 2016, 23:19:4415.01.2016
– Materials & Welding
would this be seen on the surface or only during microscopic analysis ? regards
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați
0 mesaje noi