wps & pqr for T,K,Y joints

prashant pansare

Aug 26, 2009, 1:47:31 PM8/26/09
to mat wel
Dear all.
I' ve to fabricate platform as per API RP 2A.
Shall I qualify 6GR for T,K,Y joints? or shall I go for min & max. dihedral angle & min & max. root gap qualification.
psp

Sujeet Sangle

Aug 27, 2009, 12:56:53 AM8/27/09
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prashant ,

Need to Qualify the PQR as per AWS D 1:1 in 6GR position for the TKY joint and to confirm it covers your max. and min Dihedral direction plus the mock up pieces .

You ned to conduct the Mock up pieces which will cover your Dihedral angle as covered in 4.12.4 section of AWs D 1:1 .

Let me know if any more details are required ,

Regards,

sujeet Sangle

Shashank Vagal

Aug 26, 2009, 11:28:17 PM8/26/09
to material...@googlegroups.com
6GR qualifies for all

--- On Wed, 26/8/09, prashant pansare <prashan...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
start: 2008-06-21 end: 0000-00-00
See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

Nick Davies

Aug 27, 2009, 3:17:31 AM8/27/09
to material...@googlegroups.com
go for 6GR for T K Y joints

Nick Davies

Nick Davies

rudolf

Aug 29, 2015, 11:26:36 AM8/29/15
to Materials & Welding, sujeet...@gmail.com
Dear Mr. Sujeet Sangle,

I have a 6gr WPS as per AWS D1.1 tested as per figure 4.29, Now I have to prepare the bevel angles and weld geometry for production tky joints. Would you mind guiding me how to go about it.
Thanks