PWHT

prateik tolani

Feb 26, 2020, 9:58:31 AM2/26/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Experts,

one of our client is asking for Solution annealing for complete vessel
vessel size - 1300 ID x 6500 mm long, thickness 8 mm with lots of nozzles.
whether it is possible.
at higher temperature of 1100 Deg C and rapid cooling in water, vessel will distort completely.

Tolani

harenath jha

Feb 26, 2020, 10:24:09 PM2/26/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Material of construction please

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

james gerald

Feb 26, 2020, 10:24:11 PM2/26/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. What is the material and process Fluid service.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

Eyup Tan

Feb 27, 2020, 12:22:26 AM2/27/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
It looks material is INCONEL 617 or similar. We did the same heat treatments, heating rate 150C/hr holding temp 1100C holding time 1 hr and uncontrolled cooling in air not in water.

Eyup Tan

iPhone’umdan gönderildi

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Feb 27, 2020, 12:22:27 AM2/27/20
to materials-welding
U have to do like sprinkle type flow on the vessel. Do not immerse or forced water flow on the because it will get collapsed. Be cautious in designing your type of water flow. It is very important.

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Feb 27, 2020, 9:11:10 AM2/27/20
to materials-welding
Material of construction may be ASS??

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Feb 27, 2020, 9:11:13 AM2/27/20
to materials-welding
What is the purpose of solutions annealing for Inconel 617. Generally it is being used for high temperature service

Eyup Tan

Feb 27, 2020, 10:40:00 AM2/27/20
to material...@googlegroups.com
That is correct The inconel 617 material were used in gas turbine After 33000 hours operation both pieces inner casing and combustion chambers needs to stress relieves. That is why heat treating periodically

Regards
Eyup Tan

iPhone’umdan gönderildi

prateik tolani