Suitable Welding Electrodes

amso...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2023, 10:58:49 PM4/27/23
to Materials & Welding
  Dear Experts,

Please suggest us the suitable electrode to weld the SA 537 Class1, SA 333 Grade 6, SA350 Gr.LF3 and SA 420 WPL9 with the Impact temperature at -60 Deg.C

Also Shell Thickness of SA 537 Class1 is 12mm & 16mm. Hence is this vessel required PWHT

I have chosen below electrode to weld these materials.

E8018-C3
ER80S-Ni1

E81T5-Ni3C

E81T5-Ni2C

Requesting expert opinions in these regards

Thanks and Regards,

MS

Mehrab Chakoshkar

Apr 28, 2023, 12:14:38 PM4/28/23
to Materials & Welding
For SA333-6 you can utilize the E7018-1
For A350-LF3 E8018-C3 is a good choice
for others, I have to investigate the material properties.

amso...@gmail.com

May 10, 2023, 6:14:28 AM5/10/23
to Materials & Welding
Dear all, Client has reduced the MDMT as -45Deg.C from -60Deg.C. In this case can we use E7018-1 to weld materials  SA 537 Class1, SA 333 Grade 6, SA350 Gr.LF2 (Changed from LF3) and SA 420 WPL9.

Also suggest me the suitable electrode to weld these materials with SS304 & SS16.

looking forward your replies.