Consumable Required to weld base Metal A516 Gr-70

Muhammad Azeem

Jul 22, 2021, 6:28:05 AM7/22/21
to Materials & Welding
Gents,
I need your kind assistance to explain the consumable can be used for this material, As I received from one vendor WPS with following consumable from root till fill/cap. As I know the tensile strength of the base metal is 70000 KSI So  consumable should have more ??

Root - ER-70S-2 -GTAW
Fill - E7018 - SMAW
EH12K/F7P8- SAW

Regards,

M.Azeem Iqbal
 0590071467

Vishwas Keskar

Jul 22, 2021, 6:39:12 AM7/22/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
70 KSI is the  minimum UTS  of SA 516 GR 70.

So all consumables shall have 70 KSI minimum  UTS.

For said mentioned consumables in below your mail ,  70 KSI minimum  is achieved for consumables.
So no problem at all.
Get WPS PQR reviewed approved before start of production Welding.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787