Usage of Rebar at Pipe Gap

Anumiah Veera Jegan

Sep 28, 2021, 11:59:49 PM9/28/21
to Materials & Welding

Dear Experts,

I am currently working in a project which follows AWS standard.The welding design is a butt weld followed by fillet welds.Can I use rebar to fill the gap for the butt weld?. If so ,Can you please refer me to the code which allows or doesn't allow the use of rebar to fill up the gap before welding.

Thank you

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or agent of the intended recipient, any unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, distribution or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.