impact test difference in WPS & MTC

sangram routray

Jan 17, 2022, 4:32:09 AM1/17/22
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts,
we have a qualified PQR & WPS with impact test @ -52°C , with use a specific filler wire batch.  In witch filler wire MTC; manufacture recommended the impact value @ -40°C.

Job’s Impact requirement is -52°C.

shall I use the same specific batch Filler wire for the job?? (Y/N)
or required batch test qualification (all weld test )
Answer with code's justification.

 welding code ASME Sec-IX

code of construction ASME B31.3

Thanks & Regards

Sangramkeshari Routaray

Vishwas Keskar

Jan 17, 2022, 4:47:13 AM1/17/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Is this specific batch is tested and certified as per ASME.SEC II  Part C for Impact testing at - 52 Deg C ?

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

sangram routray

Jan 17, 2022, 5:21:04 AM1/17/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
NO
the specific batch test not yet as per ASME Sec-II part C.
only WPS qualified on -52°C

Thanks & Regards

Sangramkeshari Routaray

Prashant Rane

Jan 17, 2022, 5:45:44 AM1/17/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Welding consumables do not mandatorily require test certificates.  Manufacturer's certification on the packaging is acceptable as per the Code.  Consumable once certified by manufacturer for a certain classification is understandable he has made all the necessary tests including impact testing and these consumables can be used upto the lower temperature as per the mentioned classification.

If you are using the consumable at lower temperature than classified according to the consumable specification it is necessary to have a Batch test certificate from the manufacturer.  If not run a production test coupon and perform Impact test only.

Regards,

Prashant P Rane

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jan 17, 2022, 11:11:28 PM1/17/22
to materials-welding
Consumable should have tested for minus 52,  otherwise it may vary
THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

Xuân Thông

Feb 5, 2022, 2:21:59 AM2/5/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
you must perform a consumable test at -52deg.C

Regards,
Bui Xuan Thong

Vào Th 3, 18 thg 1, 2022 vào lúc 11:11 Kannayeram Gnanapandithan <kgpan...@gmail.com> đã viết:

Mohd Siraj

Feb 5, 2022, 7:13:54 AM2/5/22
to Materials & Welding

Job’s Impact requirement is -52°C.

shall I use the same specific batch Filler wire for the job?? (Y/N)- NO
or required batch test qualification (all weld test )-NO