WPS

tusc...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2019, 12:18:59 AM8/23/19
to Materials & Welding
dear all,

can I use the attached WPS for A106 pipe and A105 pipe fittings?
0FBFA439-C1C1-4350-B4CC-938013AC9DF3 (2).jpg

José Juan Jiménez Alejandro

Aug 23, 2019, 11:35:26 PM8/23/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Yes!
WPS -------> P1 with P1
SA 106 Gr B is P1
SA 105 is P1
Regards!

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Vinay Thattey

Aug 25, 2019, 7:03:50 AM8/25/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
In my view , Yes
API 5L X52 grade B is seamless Cs pipe .

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 09:48, tusc...@gmail.com <tusc...@gmail.com> wrote:
dear all,

can I use the attached WPS for A106 pipe and A105 pipe fittings?

Mani

Aug 25, 2019, 7:03:50 AM8/25/19
to material...@googlegroups.com

As per your WPS,  Base material is API 5L X52  (  P No. - 01 Gr No. -01)
you need to weld for A106 ( P No.-01, Gr No -01) to A105 ( P No.-01, Gr. No.-02).

P No  is same  But Gr No is different... you cant use this WPS for proposed material.

Thanks & Regards,

Mani
QA/QC - Welding & Painting

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 7:18 AM tusc...@gmail.com <tusc...@gmail.com> wrote:
dear all,

can I use the attached WPS for A106 pipe and A105 pipe fittings?

Mohamed Elsahhar

Aug 25, 2019, 7:03:50 AM8/25/19
to materials-welding
Hi Gents,
for material covered ,  make sure also thickness with in limits of WPS .

regards
Elsahhar

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 7:18 AM tusc...@gmail.com <tusc...@gmail.com> wrote:
dear all,

can I use the attached WPS for A106 pipe and A105 pipe fittings?

Babur Khan

Aug 25, 2019, 10:11:14 AM8/25/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear,
Please note that P number is same (P1 to P1). For group number A106 Gr. B Gr.1 and for A105 Gr. 2 ( Group Number only applicable for impact test requirements) so if there is no impact requirement you can use.

Muhammad Babur Khan
Sent from my iPhone

munee...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2019, 11:38:31 AM8/25/19
to materials-welding
Hi,

Your process is SMAW, which is QW-253, G no is Supplymentry essential variables and it becomes essential as per QW-403. (b) and (c) second paragraph clause.

If G1 vs G1, you cannot use as per above as A 105 is G2, where as still if your A 106 falls under grade C again this also falls under G2 (If A or B then G1) however A 105 is G2, hence irrelavant of impact or non impact G1 vs G2 combinations not ensured in WPS, so as per your approved WPS and as per above clauses, strictly you cannot use this current WPS for propsed material.

Thanks,
Muneeb

sellu....@gmai.com

Sep 17, 2019, 7:36:35 AM9/17/19
to Materials & Welding
Hi,

i agree with muneeb's comment.

thanks.

atul khatri

Sep 18, 2019, 9:29:50 AM9/18/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Muneeb for such detailed explanation.
But in this case if the design or ambient temperature doesn't demand for any impact test than this supplementary essential variable shall not be applicable.
and hence the shown WPS can be used for weld between A106 and 105.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks
Atul Khatri