Welder qualification with process

Sangram

Aug 6, 2019, 12:03:37 AM8/6/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts
Please give me your valuable feedback with code reference.
A) One welder is qualified with dia 1” & above with GTAW(11mm)
B) Same welder also qualified with 2 7/8 & above with GTAW + SMAW (7.5 mm Gtaw + max to be welded smaw )
My question:
Can this welder welded any 2” joint which thickness is more than 11mm by using GTAW+SMAW process ??

Regards
Sangram

Sent from my iPhone

Karthik

Aug 6, 2019, 6:56:43 AM8/6/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes. He can.
change in weld metal deposit more than he qualified only is an essential variable. Base metal thickness is not an essential variable for welder qualifications.
(In your case for GTAW, maximum weld metal deposit thickness is restricted to the welder qualified for maximum thickness in 1" pipe)

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

QA/QC Manager
Agon Pacific Co.,Ltd.
M: +66-655-174-397, +66-892-512-282

E-mail : karthi...@yahoo.com

Kishor Swaminathan

Aug 6, 2019, 6:56:44 AM8/6/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear

Sangram' via Materials & Welding

yes we can , how much the actual thickness

Regards,
KISHOR SWAMINATHAN
WELDING INSPECTOR

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Sangram

Aug 6, 2019, 9:34:10 AM8/6/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kartik sir,
Our client is opposing that; the welder is not qualified for SMAW in 2” NPS.

Regards
Sangram

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to materials-weld...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/materials-welding/1475311395.1335627.1565065529216%40mail.yahoo.com.

Sangram

Aug 6, 2019, 9:34:10 AM8/6/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
 Mr. Swaminathan
Actual joint size 2inch & 19mm  thickness

Regards
Sangram

Sent from my iPhone

Sangram

Aug 6, 2019, 9:34:10 AM8/6/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Mr.swaminathan sir,
Actually it’s a latrolet branch connection.
Which thickness is 19mm

Sent from my iPhone

Karthik

Aug 7, 2019, 12:41:04 AM8/7/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please find below the extraction of diameter limits as per QW 452.3. If you qualified with the test coupon of OD 27/8"(73mm) then you can use them for both GTAW and SMAW. But if your test specimen is 6"OD for WQT of GTAW+SMAW (its qualified for minimum 27/8"(73mm and over) . If this case, you can not use SMAW for OD 2" of production welds.

Thanks& Regards,

(Karthik)

Karthikeyan.S

QA/QC Manager
Agon Pacific Co.,Ltd.
M: +66-655-174-397, +66-892-512-282

E-mail : karth...@yahoo.com

On 06-Aug-2019, at 7:25 AM, 'Karthik' via Materials & Welding <material...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes. He can.
> change in weld metal deposit more than he qualified only is an essential variable. Base metal thickness is not an essential variable for welder qualifications.
> (In your case for GTAW, maximum weld metal deposit thickness is restricted to the welder qualified for maximum thickness in 1" pipe)
>
> Thanks& Regards,
>

> (Karthik)
>

> Karthikeyan.S
>
> QA/QC Manager
> Agon Pacific Co.,Ltd.
> M: +66-655-174-397, +66-892-512-282
>
> E-mail : karth...@yahoo.com
>

>  On Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:03:39 AM GMT+7, 'Sangram' via Materials & Welding <material...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> Dear experts
> Please give me your valuable feedback with code reference.
> A) One welder is qualified with dia 1” & above with GTAW(11mm)
> B) Same welder also qualified with 2 7/8 & above with GTAW + SMAW (7.5 mm Gtaw + max to be welded smaw )
> My question:
> Can this welder welded any 2” joint which thickness is more than 11mm by using GTAW+SMAW process ??
>
> Regards
> Sangram
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --
> https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787
> ---

> https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787
> ---

https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787
1565101291605blob.jpg
1565101317711blob.jpg

sumit bhadakwad

Aug 7, 2019, 12:41:04 AM8/7/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sangram ,

A) Exactly As per code your welder only qualify for Gtaw process   , then how he can weld use for SMAW process.

And In B condition he can not weld below 75 mm od size pipe.

Regards ,
Sumit Bhadakwad