Pig launcher

Benaouda Mezrar

May 30, 2022, 11:20:58 PM5/30/22
to Materials & Welding
Dear experts kindly guide me

in which code i can find the acceptance criteria for the construction of pig launcher
and what is the desing code used (ASME B31.8 or ASME ASME-8)

james gerald

May 31, 2022, 12:35:55 AM5/31/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Pig launcher and Receiver design will be as per Pipeline Design code and the Closure will be as per ASME Sec.VIII Div.1 or 2.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

varad

May 31, 2022, 12:36:00 AM5/31/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mezrar,

It depends if Client has any Pigging Specification. In one of my project we were going to design as per B31.3 due to piping connected was also B31.3. but later we found that the Client Spec was saying about ASME Sec VIII Div. 2 hence we had to change the design code.

Also the pig receiver design code has to be designed as per the connecting piping code which is by Piping.

Sent from RediffmailNG on Android

May 31, 2022, 3:26:17 AM5/31/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
can you please direct me in wich code i can find the acceptance criteria of NDT
For Example :
for piping acceptance criteria are in ASME B31.3
for pipeline acceptance criteria are in API 1104

james gerald

May 31, 2022, 11:12:18 PM5/31/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Please check with your GA (General Arrangement) drawing for Pig launcher what is the Code used or check your Design data sheet.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

james gerald

May 31, 2022, 11:12:24 PM5/31/22
to material...@googlegroups.com
Pig Traps (Launcher and Receiver) Sizing and Thicknesses and the pigging systems shall be as per Pipeline construction code.B31.4/B31.8/B31.3 upon Application.

Pig Traps Fabrication as per ASME Sec.VIII Div.1 or 2.

For RT requirements refer, ASME Sec.VIII Div.1 UW-51 or 52 and  for UT examination refer UW-53.
For NDT examination of ASME Sec.VIII Div.2 refer section 7.5

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar