interruption limitations to stop welding

sankar krishnan

Apr 1, 2021, 2:51:58 AM4/1/21
to Materials & Welding
Dear All ,

  In our Pressure vessel project 10mm thickness plate they using (GTAW+SAW) process , They have welded GTAW with 4 mm of 10mm thickness and leave open for 1 days .. I like to Know what is the interruption limitations to stop welding Limits for <19mm thickness

Please send me code documents

Vishwas Keskar

Apr 1, 2021, 3:59:21 AM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
what is the material being welded "
CS ,Cr Mo or SS

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

mahesh chilukamari

Apr 1, 2021, 5:33:50 AM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Refer to below from ASME B31.1

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Apr 1, 2021, 7:10:03 AM4/1/21
to materials-welding
referring code
If it is ASME, no restriction
THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

sankar bombay

Apr 1, 2021, 11:14:14 PM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
i am looking ASME VIII div1 , requirement same above as per project specification below details , I am looking for <19mm
P1 through P5B materials with wall thickness  19 mm (0.75 in.) shall only be
interrupted provided a minimum of 10 mm (0.375 in.) of weld metal has been deposited or 25 percent of the weld
groove has been filled, whichever is greater. If welding is interrupted, the weld shall be covered with adequate
insulation to ensure slow cooling. The partially completed weld shall be 100 percent MT-inspected prior to
resuming welding.

--
shankar

George Dilintas

Apr 1, 2021, 11:14:14 PM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Why you are trying to find problems when there is not

sankar bombay

Apr 1, 2021, 11:14:14 PM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Brother
   What about stress concentration and Oxidation of weld material , fast cooling at open atmosphere, How they will maintain the interpass temperature to avoid delay cracks
these are the thing to be considered for low thickness , if i am wrong let me correct myself

--
shankar

sankar bombay

Apr 1, 2021, 11:14:14 PM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com

Vishwas Keskar

Apr 1, 2021, 11:38:21 PM4/1/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
10mm Carbon steel
No problem will be there.
Just carry out Visual Inspection of the weld and proceed for subsequent Welding

satesh kumar

Apr 2, 2021, 6:55:26 AM4/2/21
to Materials & Welding
according to you its good engineering practice?, all problem finding will give good result , all code book they finding problem and solve result at next edition

Vinay Thattey

Apr 4, 2021, 10:36:49 PM4/4/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Need more details . Material to be welded i.r P No etc

Xuân Thông

Apr 5, 2021, 4:28:56 AM4/5/21
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi sir,
The stop welding may be to check any cold cracking if any prior to weld the next layers

Vào Th 5, 1 thg 4, 2021 vào lúc 13:51 sankar krishnan <sankar...@gmail.com> đã viết: