IS 2062 safe working temperature

Kadir godil

May 30, 2016, 8:39:07 AM5/30/16
to Materials & Welding
dear experts,

what is the safe working range of IS 2062 steel?

please inform me about the standard where i can find this data?

thank you

sincerely,
kadir godil

Lakshman Kumar. B

May 30, 2016, 8:58:52 AM5/30/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

For which application and in which form?

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshman Kumar B,

+91 9440031459.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

PREM SHANKARDUTT NAUTIYAL

May 30, 2016, 11:35:03 PM5/30/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi

IS2062 Grade E410 B0 can be used upto zero degree celcius and max 300 degree celcius.
Quality C can be used to as low as minus 20 degree Celcius.

PREM S NAUTIYAL
what is the safe working range of IS 2062 steel?

please inform me about the standard where i can find this data?

thank you

sincerely,
kadir godil

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Kadir godil

May 30, 2016, 11:35:09 PM5/30/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
its a vessel, max temperature will be 160 deg. C and pressure will be 5 Bar..

is there any standard or reference document which mentions its safe working temperature?

MW

May 30, 2016, 11:42:35 PM5/30/16
to Materials & Welding
up to 343 °C for ASME Sec VIII div1 vessels (not permitted for Section I and III)

Kadir godil

May 31, 2016, 12:19:52 AM5/31/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
dear experts

thank you very much..

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Lakshman Kumar. B

May 31, 2016, 1:20:13 AM5/31/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kadir,

For pressure of 5Bar, you may define the thickness for IS 2062 based on dia, loadings on the vessel, and any more factors dictated by client spec,

However for MOC (Chemical composition) we have to consider so many other parameters also like as…

1.       Fluid in service / Storage.

2.       Atmospheric conditions.

3.       Client specifications.

4.       Design life / No.of years for service…

5.       Any weight limitations..

6.       Application (like as surge tanks i.e periodical loadings and to absorb surge pressures)…

7.       And as you required temperature also…

As per IS 2062 –

And as per your statement 160Deg C is a high temperature application, better you may refer ASTM A 515…

(though a very negligible difference between these in chemical composition, but you can confidently design and work with ASTM A 515)

Hope it is clear to you

image002.png

Hani Al Masry

Nov 6, 2018, 1:53:05 AM11/6/18
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Exerts

what is Steel Grades S460NL & S500ML Are this is CS or it is alloy steels like HARDOX , WELDOX and now they call it Domex?

what is it is specification ? standards? recommended usage and applications?

Regards,
H.A