Audio Files

ThinkRandom 101

Jan 4, 2022, 2:51:15 PM1/4/22
to MBTA Developers
Hi MBTA, I was wondering where you store your audio files for the station announcements and train announcements and if I can download them. Thanks!

Michael G

Jan 4, 2022, 9:11:40 PM1/4/22
to MBTA Developers
I don't think it is as easy as you think it is to get those files. There are security laws which exempt those files from disclosure, and they aren't going to give them to you without knowing what you will do with them, as you are not an employee. I can say this from experience from when I got the announcements for the Red and Orange Lines. These are private files that aren't up to the public to use at their disposal, as some people could use them for harm.

And they certainly won't give them away so you can 'just have them' or to post on a Youtube channel for views.

Leo Jegasothy

Jan 5, 2022, 6:56:50 AM1/5/22
to massdotd...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. Thanks Michael!