How can I publish the geostories of the mapstore on the web?

vurtne

Mar 14, 2022, 4:53:19 AM3/14/22
to mapstore-users
It may be a rudimentary question.

I think geostory can be a great alternative to 'Esri Storymap'.
Installing a map store and testing several functions on localhost was successful.
But how can I share my geostories with others on the web? Do I need to install something else besides the mapstore?
(I'm a private user, and I'm in a Windows 10 environment)

Anyone, please answer.

Simone Giannecchini

Mar 14, 2022, 1:46:28 PM3/14/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you need to host your MapStore somewhere that is accessible to the internet, like a dedicated server or a public cloud like AWS.
There are plenty of resources on the web on how to host you own application; in the end MapStore is bundled as a WAR so you can research on how to serve on the web a Java web application.
This should get you started....

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Professional Support for GeoNode, GeoServer and MapStore from the experts!
Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director GeoSolutions Italy
President GeoSolutions USA

http://www.geosolutionsgroup.com
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

vurtne

Mar 15, 2022, 7:10:49 AM3/15/22
to mapstore-users
Thank you for your answer.
Let me ask you one more question.
I found the instruction to upload the WAR file using Tomcat jsp hosting provided by the hosting company.
Is what I found the right way?

2022년 3월 15일 화요일 오전 2시 46분 28초 UTC+9에 Simone Giannecchini님이 작성:

Lorenzo Natali

May 5, 2022, 5:20:38 AM5/5/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. Did you find a solution in the meantime? Usually they are "JSP & Servlet" (MapStore uses servlet),
I'm not sure if your provider limits servlet usage or what. Tomcat hosting should be ok.