Cesium 3d tiles, how?

Assigned to stefan...@geosolutionsgroup.com by tobia....@geosolutionsgroup.com

Stefan Overkamp

Oct 27, 2022, 11:32:48 AM10/27/22
to mapstore-users
Hi all,

I have tested 3DCityDB-Web-Map-Client with a Layer in COLLADA/KML/glTF format.

This dataset was exported using the 3dcitydb importer-exporter.

Using this dataset as 3d layer in the newest mapstore2 fails, cause it is not in the Cesium "3D Tiles" format.
Which software is able to convert 3d data to Cesium 3D Tiles? (3dcitydb importer-exporter doesnt)

Thanks for any hint, how to produce some testdata from my citygml base.

Stefan
--
Dipl. Ing. Stefan Overkamp
over...@posteo.de

Stefan Overkamp

Nov 20, 2022, 5:35:06 AM11/20/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I managed to convert my Collada kml tiles to 3D-Tiles with a free account at  https://cesium.com/ion/index.html
The Collade kml tiles (exported with 3dcitydb importer-exporter) was 595 MB, the 3D-Tiles zip only 24 MB.

Does anybody know a configuration to start a map in Mapstore landing page default as cesium viewer (3D mode)?
So that the user doesn't had to switch to 3D after opening the map?

Stefan

Dipl. Ing. Stefan Overkamp
Laakmannsbusch 44, 42555 Velbert
tel.: 0177 / 79 76 159
over...@posteo.de
https://mapstore.geodaten-velbert.de

Landry Breuil

Nov 21, 2022, 5:49:26 AM11/21/22
On 20/11/2022 11:35, Stefan Overkamp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I managed to convert my Collada kml tiles to 3D-Tiles with a free
> account at https://cesium.com/ion/index.html
> The Collade kml tiles (exported with 3dcitydb importer-exporter) was 595
> MB, the 3D-Tiles zip only 24 MB.
>
> Does anybody know a configuration to start a map in Mapstore landing
> page default as cesium viewer (3D mode)?
> So that the user doesn't had to switch to 3D after opening the map?

From my understanding, you just need to create your map as usual, then
share the map link, replacing 'openlayers' by 'cesium' in the URL, eg
https://FQDN/mapstore/#/viewer/cesium/<mapid> should open your mapid map
in mapstore with the 3d view.

--
Landry Breuil

Stefan Overkamp

Nov 21, 2022, 7:25:07 AM11/21/22
Am 21.11.2022 um 11:49 schrieb Landry Breuil:
> From my understanding, you just need to create your map as usual, then
> share the map link, replacing 'openlayers' by 'cesium' in the URL, eg
> https://FQDN/mapstore/#/viewer/cesium/<mapid> should open your mapid
> map in mapstore with the 3d view.

Sure, if I send a link to this map, this would be my solution. But I
think it would be useful to make it possible to save a 3D map in Mapstore
so that users opening from the landing page (e.g. featured maps) can
open it in 3D mode (cesium).

Thanks

Simone Giannecchini

Nov 21, 2022, 9:26:28 AM11/21/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,
this is not implemented yet.
We have been discussing how to do it but there is no concrete plan yet.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Professional Support for GeoNode, GeoServer and MapStore from the experts!
Visit https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/enterprise-support-services for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director GeoSolutions Italy
President GeoSolutions USA

http://www.geosolutionsgroup.com
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Tobia Di Pisa

Nov 22, 2022, 5:06:13 AM11/22/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stefan,

We are anyway keeping track of that through #8334. Stay tuned.

Best Regards,
     Tobia Di Pisa

--

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==
Dott. Ing. Tobia Di Pisa
Technical Lead / Project Manager

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

mobile: +39 340 1781783
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.