XY coordinate to Lat/Lon

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Mar 22, 2022, 9:32:09 AM3/22/22
to MapInfo-L
Using MapBasic 15 I'm trying to get coordinates in Lan/Lon from a map with ETRS899 coordinate system, but don't succeed. I have changed the coordysy clause on the map  and the projection in Map>options ... but any X,/ Y shows coordinates in meters.
Where is the tric? It seems that setting Map coordsys clause it would work, but it doesn't.
Any Help? Thank you

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Mar 22, 2022, 10:16:56 AM3/22/22
to MapInfo-L
Excuse me, please; I said something wrong. When I set map window Coordinate system to Lon/Lat projection and I ask for coordinates, MI shows something different to XY in meters but also differs of those  Lan/Lon coordinates I see in the box at the bottom-left corner (these are OK).

El dia dimarts, 22 de març de 2022 a les 14:32:09 UTC+1, Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles va escriure:

Peter Horsbøll Møller

Mar 22, 2022, 10:52:15 AM3/22/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

This ought to do the trick:

Set Coordsys  Earth Projection 1, 104

Print MapperInfo(FrontWindow(), MAPPER_INFO_CENTERX)

Print MapperInfo(FrontWindow(), MAPPER_INFO_CENTERY)

Peter Horsbøll Møller

www.precisely.com

Peter Horsbøll Møller
Principal Sales Engineer - Distinguished Engineer

Mar 22, 2022, 11:13:01 AM3/22/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Isn't there a tool within MI where in you can convert coordinates in any desired coordinates...try them instead of code..

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

Michiel Zevenbergen

Mar 22, 2022, 12:35:08 PM3/22/22
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergi,

I asume you mean ETRS89 (and not ETRS899).

When you set the coordinate system for the map window, you should not use the first ETRS transverse mercator projection, but scroll down to the "ETRS 89 transerver mercator (for Spain)". That one will allow you choose the zone (from 28 to 31) and it will give you the proper coordinates.

imagen.png

Michiel

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

GeoTáctica
Michiel Zevenbergen
GeoTáctica

C/ Coruña 22

28450 Collado Mediano (Madrid)

Tlfno: 91 523 53 90

Móvil: 677 42 98 69

Web: geotactica.es

Sergi Gàmiz Ribelles

Mar 22, 2022, 1:08:33 PM3/22/22
to MapInfo-L
 I needed to exit MapInfo and restart the session, then all has worked fine. I don't understant why setting cordsys clause didn't work in my previous session.
Thank all of you anyway.

El dia dimarts, 22 de març de 2022 a les 17:35:08 UTC+1, mic...@geotactica.es va escriure: