Red-Winged Blackbirds FOY Brooksville

Bob Knight

Mar 7, 2024, 10:30:07 AMMar 7
to Maine birds
About 4 days ago --that would be March 3 I am pretty sure I heard that wonderful rusty gate song of the Red -Winged Blackbird.  Hoped it was so and then my wife Lucia who is the feeder keeper said, Yep--two Red Wings on the 6th, and a small flock this morning.  There are many harbingers of spring, but for me it's the Red-Winged Bbirds that say Spring .

Bob Knight

spd...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2024, 12:18:23 PMMar 7
to Maine birds
Had a small flock of Red-Winged Blackbirds on my platform feeder in Liberty on March 5. Very large flocks of Purple Finches are also regular visitors.