Damariscotta Mills Fish Ladder 5-24-2019

J. Michael

May 26, 2020, 11:09:41 PM5/26/20
to Maine birds
Got there around 8:30 am, a little after low tide, hoping to see some Osprey fishing for the "abundant" alewives going up the fish ladder.
Too many seagulls to count, same for the cormorants, and couple dozen Mallards in the intermediate tidal pool. I caught a small yellow
bird out of the corner of my eye but before I could bet a good I.D. it flew off, could have been a yellow warble.

The treat of the morning was 1 adult and 3 juvenile eagles that kept making passes over the water just outside the railroad tracks. I caught
this one resting in a tree just north of the alewive shack along the railroad tracks.

Eagle_MG_7180_Small.jpg