Huge Chimney Swift roost in Brunswick, 5/18

Derek Lovitch

May 18, 2019, 8:49:12 PM5/18/19
to Maine-birds
Hi all,

Hopefully this link works...

While Brunswick has a well-known Chimney Swift roosting concentration, especially in fall, we have never seen a concentration in spring like the one Jeannette and I observed tonight. They’re using the old brick chimney behind J&J Cleaners on Maine Street. It’s like the good old’ days before the species - like most aerial insectivores’ - decline.

The birds were entering the chimney en masse for over 2 minutes. The show is worth a visit at dusk, presumably until the weather warms enough for the birds to disperse.

http://www.facebook.com/Freeportwildbird/videos/827030284335280?s=100002061214376&v=e&sfns=mo

-Derek

Sent from my iPhone