FOY hummer and warbler fallout in the rain

Cathie Murray

May 8, 2024, 10:03:57 PMMay 8
to Maine List
We were working outside in the rain without binocs but saw a Male RT hummer foraging in the PJM rhododendrons and a sudden drop of a couple dozen warblers into our mature sugar maples, oak and Norway spruces. Of those that came “Monhegan close” in their feeding frenzy, I could see that black-throated green were the most populous, yellow rumped were plentiful, along with some redstarts. Quite a few remained feeding in the high canopy and I can’t say what other species were there.
Sent from my iPhone