CWWI and mystery sound

Thomas Foley

Jul 25, 2020, 9:38:54 PM7/25/20
to Maine birds
I had some luck finding the chuck-wills-widow along Valley Rd in Orland tonight (hooray!). I took a recording that also captured a sound that I couldn’t place for the life of me. I attached the recording to my eBird checklist, which also includes details on the CWWI observation. The mystery sound occurs at 0:11 and again at 0:24. Please let me know what you all think because I’m feeling kind of stumped.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S71823226

Tom

Dave Cowan

Jul 26, 2020, 7:05:51 AM7/26/20
to Thomas Foley, Maine birds
Pewee?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 25, 2020, at 9:38 PM, Thomas Foley <thomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had some luck finding the chuck-wills-widow along Valley Rd in Orland tonight (hooray!). I took a recording that also captured a sound that I couldn’t place for the life of me. I attached the recording to my eBird checklist, which also includes details on the CWWI observation. The mystery sound occurs at 0:11 and again at 0:24. Please let me know what you all think because I’m feeling kind of stumped.
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S71823226
>
> Tom

Dave Cowan

Jul 26, 2020, 8:25:12 AM7/26/20
to Thomas Foley, Maine birds
Or vireo?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 26, 2020, at 7:05 AM, Dave Cowan <dcow...@maine.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Pewee?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maine-birds/929CBE40-ADD5-44F0-8DEB-BD1865B2C331%40maine.rr.com.

Boots.

Jul 26, 2020, 12:43:01 PM7/26/20
to Thomas Foley, Maine birds
It struck me as an Eastern Wood Pewee [EAWP], also. And I -think- at the tail end of the recording I caught a Common NIghthawk [CONI].
~Boots.