Maine Birds

Aloyse Larrabee

May 22, 2019, 2:05:34 PM5/22/19
to maine...@googlegroups.com
This morning I started birding in a wetland in Dover-Foxcroft at 6:30 am. I experienced a Warbler fallout unlike anything I have experienced before. I saw 15 species of Warblers, plus an Ovenbird which I heard only.
Northern Parula
Wilson's Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
American Redstart
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Canada Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Blackburnian Warbler
Also, a Bay-breasted Warbler which was a life bird for me. Could someone give me statistics on this lovely bird? I thought they were not common in Central Maine. Thanks. I also saw a pair of Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

Aloyse Larrabee, Dexter

Aloyse Larrabee

May 23, 2019, 11:38:13 AM5/23/19
to maine...@googlegroups.com
May 23 - I walked north from Dexter on the Recreational Trail. Some birds I saw:
Warblers: Black-throated Blue, Black-throated Green,Blackburnian, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Yellow-rumped, Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, Common Yellowthroat
Also: Eastern Phoebe, Least Flycatcher (identified by song), Great-crested Flycatcher, Solitary Sandpiper

Aloyse Larrabee, Dexter

Aloyse Larrabee

May 25, 2019, 1:35:34 PM5/25/19
to maine...@googlegroups.com
May 25, morning, wetland in Dover-Foxcroft
Canada Goose family and 7 goslings
Pied-billed Grebe
Great Blue Heron
Northern Flicker
Eastern Kingbird
Bobolink - heard only
I saw the Rose-breasted Grosbeak pair again and other birds already seen here.
Aloyse Larrabee, Dexter

Aloyse Larrabee

May 28, 2019, 10:36:28 AM5/28/19
to maine...@googlegroups.com
This morning as I was walking on the Owlsboro Road in Dexter, I saw a singing, male Scarlet Tanager. I also saw a Hermit Thrush.
Aloyse Larrabee, Dexter

Aloyse Larrabee

May 29, 2019, 9:41:56 PM5/29/19
to maine...@googlegroups.com
May 29 - This morning I saw a large group of newly arrived Chimney Swifts swooping and feeding over the water from the boardwalk at Corundel Lake in Corinna.
Aloyse Larrabee, Dexter