Whippoorwill

Susan Bloomfield

Jun 2, 2024, 12:05:23 PMJun 2
to maine...@googlegroups.com
We have a whippoorwill calling here in our woods — 0400 this morning!

Susan B
West Kennebunk

BARBARA P HERRGESELL

Jun 2, 2024, 1:34:01 PMJun 2
to maine...@googlegroups.com
We have whippoorwills every year in
back in our woods. But two nights ago about 9 o’clock there was one so loud it sounded like it was on my front porch. It was astonishing. It must have been very close.  When I went out, I mistakenly turned on the light and the whip stopped, of course. Unfortunately, I did not hear it again, but it was memorable!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2024, at 12:05 PM, Susan Bloomfield <owl...@gmail.com> wrote:

We have a whippoorwill calling here in our woods — 0400 this morning!

Susan B
West Kennebunk

BARBARA P HERRGESELL

Jun 2, 2024, 1:42:49 PMJun 2
to Maine birds

From: 'BARBARA P HERRGESELL' via Maine birds <maine...@googlegroups.com>
Date: June 2, 2024 at 1:34:01 PM EDT
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] Whippoorwill

We have whippoorwills every year in our
back woods. But two nights ago about 9 o’clock there was one so loud it sounded like it was on my front porch. It was astonishing. It must have been very close.  When I went out, I mistakenly turned on the light and the whip stopped, of course. Unfortunately, I did not hear it again, but it was memorable!