Isles of Shoals CBC - Tomorrow December 29

Benjamin Griffith

Dec 28, 2022, 7:55:23 PM12/28/22
to NH. Birds, maine-birds
The Isles of Shoals CBC is going to set sail tomorrow, December 29  Thanks to a few cancellations, I have few last minute spots.  If you're interested in going, we're departing from New Castle at 11 am (meet at the dock at 10:15) and returning around sunset.  We split the cost of the boat among the participants.  If you're interested in going, please EMAIL me before 8 am tomorrow morning and I'll confirm your spot and send you more information.  I've included the initial announcement below.

Ben Griffith
Plymouth, MA

Weather permitting Isles of Shoals CBC will be held aboard UNH R/V Gulf Challenger on one day during the weeks after Christmas (December 27-30 or January 2-5).  As this trip is incredibly weather dependent, I'm hoping the 8 day window will give us at least one day.  We probably won't know the final date until a few days before the trip sails.  We will be landing (conditions permitting) on Star Island, NH and we will also spend time looking for pelagic birds in the circle.  We will be chumming for seabirds as well. Previous trips have had good success at finding Snowy Owls, sea ducks (including Harlequin Ducks), Black-legged Kittiwakes, and alcids.

The price of the trip will depend on participation, but I anticipate it being between 70 and 85 dollars per person.

We will leave the Coastal Marine Lab pier in New Castle.

Some of the people who'd already expressed interest privately to me have already signed up, so there aren't many spots left.  But we don't set a date until 1-2 days beforehand, so even if you end up on a wait list, there's a good chance there will be space.  Last year there was space for everyone who was available when we finally set a date.

Thanks,

Benjamin Griffith
Plymouth, MA
Compiler, Isles of Shoals CBC