Schoodic's Frazer Point

Seth Benz

May 21, 2019, 12:18:19 PM5/21/19
to Maine Birds
A burst or two of brief sunshine finally reached the Winter Harbor area this morning. Our small birding group was rewarded with 52 species, 18 of which were warblers - and we did not see a Chestnut-sided Warbler. Northern Parula were most numerous, and we found single males of the following: Bay-breasted, Cape May, Blackpoll, Wilson's, Northern Waterthrush, Nashville, and Tennessee. We also counted 14 Common Loon and 1 Red-throated Loon migrating.
All before the wind gathered steam from the NW and brought a brief band of rain, again.