Vinalhaven birding local tips requested for Winter Atlassing

Craig Kesselheim

Mar 3, 2023, 5:49:18 AM3/3/23
to Maine Birders Listserv
Hi all - I plan to be on Vinalhaven on Sunday (just after the snow dump) for 3 hours of Winter Atlassing. My block (Leadbetter Island_NE) is very limited, and so I would be grateful to anyone with local knowledge for some tips. I presume that much of my birding will be car-based, but anywhere I can get out and walk will be helpful.

Please reply off-list.

My boundaries are in the NW corner of the island, out by Brown's Head Light. Fish Head. Tiptoe Mountain. Crockett's River Road, Long Cove Road, A W Smith Road, and Hopkins Road out to the public boat landing. Also Middle Mountain.

Many thanks!

Craig Kesselheim
Southwest Harbor