House Wren in Bernard (MDI) this afternoon

Craig Kesselheim

May 28, 2020, 3:44:58 PM5/28/20
to Maine Birders Listserv
Greetings - fyi, on a stroll this afternoon, I heard and then saw a House Wren in Bernard. Details and an audio clip in eBird here, including exactly where to find it. I was pretty sure this bird was my first HOWR on MDI or maybe in Hancock County, but eBird tells me I logged one in 2004, also in Bernard. My memory of this individual is blank, alas.

We parked down Lopaus Point Road next to the marsh and walked the roads of Bernard (including the short Columbia Ave dead-end), but you can probably get a little closer to the wren if you park down by the town wharf. Just don't park where the fishermen and women park!

I am interested to hear of other HOWR sightings on MDI from folks. Have others found them here?

Happy birding. It's been a good week!

Craig K
SW Harbor