Pink-footed Goose on MDI

Craig Kesselheim

May 27, 2020, 8:45:42 AM5/27/20
to Maine Birders Listserv
Hey all - I discovered a Pink-footed Goose at Babson Creek Preserve this morning in Somesville. List here (without photos yet). It's been seen by several other island birders by now, but I wanted to get the word out. Public access is good here; park at the Maine Coast Heritage Trust office / trailhead, and follow the meandering mown trail along the marsh shore to the uppermost section of meadow. Look across the channel toward the pannes, where the bird may still be feeding with ~15-20 Canada Geese. It spent a fair amount of the observation period sitting while feeding in tall grass, so it might be hard to spot at first.

Best,
Craig K