Early Gnatcacher & More Spring Fun :)

Dan Gardoqui

Apr 14, 2021, 4:55:33 PM4/14/21
to maine...@googlegroups.com
This morning at the Sanford Lagoons, I had to shake my head a few times b/c I thought I was hearing a Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher.  Turns out, I was! I got to watch the little fella foraging (gleaning and a little hawking) on an old oak just on the other side of the fence of the eastern tip of the NE lagoon. What a treat!

A kind birder alerted me to the presence of a transitional plumage Ruddy Duck in the big flotilla of ring-necked ducks (turns out there were 2 males and 2 females).

PS- there were 3 Barn Swallows mixed in the big Tree Swallow flock today....here's one of each.

PXL_20210414_141937995~2.jpg

Dan Gardoqui
Cape Neddick, Maine