Great Blue Heron at Brownfield Bog

Sean S

Dec 10, 2023, 2:51:50 PM12/10/23
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Late yesterday afternoon Jeff Webb and I found a Great Blue Heron fishing and roosting near the small bridge on the Brownfield Bog road trail, in the small area of open water where the brook flows into the bog.  Its roost was low and in a semi-obscured spot in the small trees adjacent to where it was feeding.  While its movements yesterday may have been confined as the bog was almost entirely covered with fairly thin ice, today's rain will likely give it more places to choose from.  But I still wanted to mention it for anyone doing CBC's in the area.  The trail was quite walkable, or even 4wd driveable for this time of year.

Sean Smith
Hiram