Sage Thrasher at Gilsland Farm in Falmouth

andrew...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2022, 4:20:46 PM12/22/22
to Maine birds
I just saw that a Sage Thrasher was seen at the farm on the Maine Birds FB group.  Another great rarity for the CBC's!  Wish I could come up and see all of them.

Andrew

chr...@myfairpoint.net

Dec 25, 2022, 7:27:07 PM12/25/22
to maine...@googlegroups.com
I see that the bird was observed again today.  Does anyone know where exactly at Gilsland Farm the bird is being seen?

Thanks,

Wally S.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2022 13:20:46 -0800 (PST), "andrew...@gmail.com" <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just saw that a Sage Thrasher was seen at the farm on the Maine Birds FB group.  Another great rarity for the CBC's!  Wish I could come up and see all of them.

Andrew

Charles Duncan

Dec 25, 2022, 7:40:44 PM12/25/22
to Maine birds
Here are the coordinates: 43.705580, -70.244082.

From parking area, follow path out to west, and then toward the south.  When you get to the Y in the path, take the left fork, just before the wooden blind.  (Right fork has a fallen tree across it).  Shortly thereafter there's a very small trail to the left that leads to the marsh.  Take that and start looking.  You'll see two different yellow ribbon flags to your left on the side away from the marsh.  At noon today, the SATH was staying low, mostly on the ground and mostly between the two flags.

Good luck!

chr...@myfairpoint.net

Dec 25, 2022, 8:17:46 PM12/25/22
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!

Wally S.

Janet Galle

Dec 26, 2022, 1:23:11 PM12/26/22
to Charles Duncan, Maine-birds
Many folks at noon today (12/26) at Gilsland saw the thrasher as Charles explained yesterday. Near the yellow flags. Thank you!