Bremen

Juanita Roushdy

Aug 22, 2020, 5:57:07 PM8/22/20
to Maine Birds
You’re sitting on your back deck having dinner and watching birds drinking from the small pond and next thing you hear the zoom of a hummingbird flying directly at your face and then stopping mid-air about 2-feet away! You’re too stunned to react. What a thrill. So you sit a little longer nda notice a biggish bird in peripheral vision chowing down on a big caterpillar - a juvenile Black-billed Cuckoo - watched it for about 4 minutes while it watched me not making out if I was alive or not.

Nothing like dinner on the back deck!

Juanita
Juanita Roushdy
Bremen, ME

Charles Duncan

Aug 22, 2020, 8:15:05 PM8/22/20
to Maine birds
Long ago I had girl-friend who was a bit sensitive, thinking her nose was “too big," whatever that means.  On a trip together to Arizona, said nose got sunburned, bright red.  When a hummingbird zoomed in for a look, inches from her face, it was almost too much for her to deal with.