PocketBeagle with MachineKit hal configuration question

Jeff Pollard

Dec 14, 2019, 10:30:49 PM12/14/19
to Machinekit
Hi,

  I am using a recent machinekit image:

bone-debian-9.11-machinekit-armhf-2019-12-02-4gb.img.xz

I have it running on my PocketBeagle, but I can't seem to communicate with the I/O through hal.  I've done:

config-pin -f Sample.bbio (a listing of this file is below)
realtime start
halcmd loadrt hal_bb_gpio board=PocketBeagle output_pins=202,204,206,208 input_pins=227,229,231,233,128
halcmd loadusr halmeter

From here, halmeter runs and will list all of the I/O expected, but if I select an input (i.e. bb_gpio.p2.in-33) and watch for change, the display will not change when I change the state of the pin.

If I query the state of the same pin using:

config-pin -q 2.33

I can read the proper state of the pin.

My uEnv.txt has not been modified. It has:
uname_r=4.19.72-bone-rt-r40
enable_uboot_overlays=1
uboot_overlay_pru=/lib/firmware/AM335X-PRU-UIO-00A0.dtbo
enable_uboot_cape_universal=1
cmdline=coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 rng_core.default_quality=100 quiet

Am I missing a configuration step somewhere?

Thanks,

Jeff
=============================
Sample.bbio
---------------------
overlay cape-universal
overlay cape-bone-iio
P2.02 out # out 1
P2.04 out # out 2
P2.06 out # out 3
P2.08 out # ou1 4

P2.27 in # in 1
P2.29 in # in 2
P2.31 in # in 3
P2.33 in # in 4
P1.28 in # in 5

Jeff Pollard

Dec 17, 2019, 6:06:22 PM12/17/19
to Machinekit
Hi,

   An update: I downloaded the image file again, and it now works.
   I'm not sure what was going on...

Jeff

fishy

Dec 19, 2019, 8:30:52 AM12/19/19
to Machinekit
MD5?

Jeff Pollard

Dec 19, 2019, 9:54:42 PM12/19/19
to Machinekit
Hi,

  Every time in the past that I've checked the MD5, is came out fine.  I didn't check this time, so I don't know if that was the problem.  It is quite possible I messed around with some variable or parameter that I'm not aware of, and that got corrected by doing a new download  (although I'm pretty sure I followed the same procedure as before).  In any case I got it to work.

Jeff