Cool rocket project, IFC-240S chute

Gene Engelgau

May 13, 2021, 11:04:53 AM5/13/21
to Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, aer...@freelists.org
Hi all, we did the recovery system for bluShift Aeropace rocket including the IFC-240-S chute (20 ft canopy).  Here is some great video of the launch, and the rocket coming down on the huge 20ft canopy.  The rocket weight was around 400 lbs as I recall. Great drone footage from the air.

Cool stuff!

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

William Kellermann

May 13, 2021, 11:09:59 AM5/13/21
to Gene Engelgau, Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc.
Very cool.  What was the goal?

Gene Engelgau

May 13, 2021, 11:12:53 AM5/13/21
to William Kellermann, Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc.
For them they had a liquid fuel rocket that used biofuel.  Not sure what that entailed.

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

srkendal

Anthony Cooper

May 13, 2021, 3:56:08 PM5/13/21
to General LUNAR, William Kellermann, Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch
Add baked beans and it would be nuclear fuel!
Ex-Navy Nuke

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

THOMAS MYERS

May 13, 2021, 8:23:33 PM5/13/21
to General LUNAR, William Kellermann, Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch
lol 🙂
Very cool launch, tho! And, I'll take that sandwich w/ hash browns and a Starbucks coffee, please.