LUNAR Launch this Saturday, October 28th at 9am at Brigantino Park, Hollister

Rocket Supplies

Oct 23, 2023, 3:53:46 PM10/23/23
to anno...@lunar.org, lunar-...@googlegroups.com
It was great to see everyone that attended TCC's October Skies over the weekend.

We are scheduled for a LUNAR launch this Saturday!

As always we need volunteers to make the launch happen.
Tony, David R and Paul are planning on attending and can help with LCO and the pads, but we need help with transportation and setup.

It looks like I may not be able to attend--more info to follow in another email, but PLEASE pre-order!

For transportation, we need someone(s) to pickup the equipment in Mountain View at the storage location and take it to Hollister.
After Hollister we need someone to return it.

We will also need help with registration and setup/takedown.

Fred Radford
President, LUNAR.org

Jack Hagerty

Oct 23, 2023, 4:30:00 PM10/23/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, anno...@lunar.org

I’ll be there, but with my two ARC teams, so I’ll volunteer when I can.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty, LUNAR #0002

http://www.lunar.org

Hotline: (925) 443-8705

"The real engineering problems of space travel have been solved since World War II.  Conquering space has long been a matter of money and politics" – Robert Heinlein, The Man Who Sold the Moon

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Anthony Cooper

Oct 23, 2023, 4:31:03 PM10/23/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, anno...@lunar.org
I have batteries and one wireless relay box.
Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

Anthony Cooper

Oct 24, 2023, 9:07:57 PM10/24/23
to Dave Smith-Uchida, Rocket Supplies, gask...@gmail.com, lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Do we have another wireless relay box, low power pad rail and battery that we could bring?
The other wireless relay box is built into the low power pads. I have the batteries. Yes we need the controller in the storage unit. Robert needs the red boxes too.

Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 4:36 PM Dave Smith-Uchida <da...@smuchi.com> wrote:
I can pick up most stuff from the locker.  I think it will all fit in my car.  Key thing is to make sure we have everything we need for a launch.

Last time with six low power pads, things were getting pretty hectic.  Do we have another set of low-power pads we could bring with?  Tony, you said you have batteries and one relay box.  That means we need the control box.  From what was in the locker after the last launch, it looks like the small control box is there, there’s a box marked “range support” and a box marked “pads 1-6” along with the six low power pads rail and some mid-power stands, rails, tables, etc.

Do we have another wireless relay box, low power pad rail and battery that we could bring?

Nathaniel, thanks for volunteering.  I’m going to pick things up Friday evening.  Do you want to meet then?  Saturday morning we’ll want to start setup around 8:30 at Brigantine so I don’t want to run up to Mt View before that in the morning.

Cheers,
Dave

Chris Dunn

Oct 24, 2023, 11:36:58 PM10/24/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
The Hollister ARC team plans on being onsite at 8:30 a.m. to help set up.

Chris

Paul Pittenger

Oct 25, 2023, 1:05:47 AM10/25/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the volunteer help!

I will still have free motors for anyone who built their rockets at the July club build night.  Will bring a variety of stuff to get everyone flying even without normal Fred & Danielle vendor table.

Several two stagers are ready to go - and I want to give them away to kids who want to learn how to prep these and various techniques for staging.

Paul

Nathaniel Gaskin

Oct 25, 2023, 10:16:34 AM10/25/23
to Dave Smith-Uchida, Rocket Supplies, To...@coopers.org, lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

Yes, I can meet you on Friday evening. Please message/text me details about where and when.

Nathaniel

[...]

David Smith-Uchida

Oct 25, 2023, 1:48:44 PM10/25/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Dave Smith-Uchida, Rocket Supplies, gask...@gmail.com
Is there another set of low power pads we can bring?  I think there is just the one rail of six in Mt View.

On Oct 24, 2023, at 6:07 PM, Anthony Cooper <To...@coopers.org> wrote:

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Anthony Cooper

Oct 25, 2023, 3:56:04 PM10/25/23
to General LUNAR, Dave Smith-Uchida, Rocket Supplies, gask...@gmail.com
No. The controller only handles 12 pads.

______________________________________
Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

David Smith-Uchida

Oct 25, 2023, 3:59:02 PM10/25/23
to Anthony Cooper, General LUNAR, Dave Smith-Uchida, Rocket Supplies, gask...@gmail.com
Oh well.  Though, if we have the other relay box we can run low power on the mid-power pads as well when it’s busy.

Anthony Cooper

Oct 25, 2023, 5:26:37 PM10/25/23
to David Smith-Uchida, General LUNAR, Dave Smith-Uchida, Rocket Supplies, gask...@gmail.com
It was one of the very first questions I asked when we started down this road. Why are we not just towing the LUNAR trailer? It was decided that it was a small launch and we would only need 12 pads. I agree, 12 was not enough at the last launch.