Deploy Lucee App as war file

Alexander Diedler

Apr 1, 2016, 9:18:27 AM4/1/16
to Lucee
Hello,
I came from Java corner and know to deploy a java/tomcat webapp via war file.
But how does it work with lucee, because the WEB-INF folder have also to be deployed or not?
What are the best way to deploy ramdomly webapps to lucee servers?

BR
Alex

Mark Drew

Apr 1, 2016, 9:23:46 AM4/1/16
to lucee
There are a couple of questions here:
a) How to deploy lucee as a war
b) How to deploy “random” wars to a “lucee server”

To answer a)

A WAR is essentially a zip file (rename the extension) with a bunch of files in it and a WEB-INF folder. In that folder (which you don’t have now) you have to add a web.xml file that you can see in the tomcat conf/web.xml and then it is a web app all by itself.

you would also need to move a bunch of the jars to that WEB-INF/lib (or libs can’t recall)

so it’s a small process of just moving stuff round to make yourself a deployable lucee web app

To answer b)

Lucee Server is actually just tomcat configured to serve apps so you could just throw your war to the /lucee/webapps folder and it should deploy it to http://localhost:8080/webappname/

Does that help?

MD

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Alexander Diedler

Apr 1, 2016, 2:46:28 PM4/1/16
to Lucee
Thank you Mark for your quick overview.
I understand I need my APP in a folder e.g. webcontent and inside this a WEB-INF folder /lucee/Web.XML
But what is with the whole Railo Webadmin config and settings from this WEB-INF folder? Does I have to copy and package it with my WebApp to a war file? Normally you call http://APP:8888/lucee/Admin/Web.cfm to configure customtag path,schedled Tasks etc. Do I need to zip it also and deploy? For warfile deployment i understand the uploaded war delete the target folder and then extract the content.

Alexander Diedler

Sep 28, 2016, 8:15:35 AM9/28/16
to Lucee
Hello, was this topic for nobody other important or have already done it?

Adam Chapman

Oct 12, 2016, 5:52:33 PM10/12/16
to Lucee
Hi Alexander,

I create lucee application war files for aws deployment, I blogged about it here.. I hope this points you in the right direction.

https://chapmandu.com/2015/06/09/deploying-a-lucee-application-to-an-amazon-elastic-beanstalk-environment/

Regards,
Adam